Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need to find the data lines on a LCD without data sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-3-2-4

Some of you may know this model.. a Logitech Z680 5.1 speaker system.. well the LCD on this thing is on it's way out.. the SMD LED's are dim now since I brought it back in 05'

Anyways the company that made it VDS is no longer a company anymore so I never got a data sheet from them when they were operating.

So I'm thinking maybe I can use my oscilloscope to figure out which pins carry data.

With a multimeter this is what I found with the pins.. the yellow line is pin 1.

right now I'm on pin 4 with the scope and it seems like it's data because changing settings on the LCD you can see the change on the oscilloscope however my settings right now are set to 50mv/5ms and it's still hard to get a good idea of it.

Attachments

• LCD pins..jpg
    LCD pins..jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
have you tried looking for a daasheet for the lcd by typing the model number into google with "datasheet" on the end

trust me no data sheet it was a custom LCD for Logitch for the Z680 speaker set.

it seems to be an SPI LCD but I wont know for sure until I try a bus pirate on it.

I tried asking the company back when they were in operating and I just got a confusing Chinglish message.

what about talking to logitech as they may know information on how they interface the LCD. i'm not sure but they give you information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back