Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need to check if im correct, thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

fouadalnoor

Hello guys,

I am trying to study for my exams, but our professor has not provided any numerical solutions. Can you please check with me if I am correct in answering the following question:

Q1 - Hint:

Use KVL to obtain a differential equation relating the input voltage to the current and also write an expression for the output voltage Vc. Convert both expressions using p notation and write a transfer function. Determine the characteristic equation for the transfer function. In order to determine the damping coefficient and undamped natural frequency of the circuit compare the characteristic equation with the general form for a second order system. If the choice of output altered does it effect the characteristic equation of the circuit? sketch the step response, refer to figure 5.1

Q1

- Please see attached pictures

I have got as far as to get Zeta and Omega (look at solution PDF), but I dont know what he means by "If the choice of output altered does it effect the characteristic equation of the circuit?"

PS: If you need to remember p-notation please look here: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2011/04/PoleZero.pdf

Any help greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Q1.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 271
  • Part 1 System Dynamics Notes2.pdf
    170.7 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back