Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Support :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackinneed

Support Needed

I was hoping for support through this group and/or a contact number from an expert in this field to prove my innocence. I have been accused of hiding a GoPro behind a TV to spy on my girlfriend. It is insulting and I am desperate to prove my innocence. I need the explanation to come from someone other than me. I have tried to explain it and she doesn’t understand this technology. I am hoping someone can explain it better, or lead me to someone who could support me.

My intent was to hide all wires and the Cable Box behind the TV on the wall to make it look clean. But as soon as I did that, the Cable Box remote would no longer work because it couldn’t see the hidden box.

So, I decided to use the TV remote to change the channels on the Cable Box. But when I did that, I got a “no signal” error message. I needed to get into the settings of the TV so I could toggle through it to choose cable.

The settings menu worked when the Apple TV was plugged in to the adaptor with the cable box, but I needed the Apple TV in another room.

So through trial and error, I realized that when I used the HDMI adaptor, with two inputs into the HDMI adaptor, that I was able to toggle through the settings and use the LG TV remote to control the cable box. It needed a second input into the adaptor. So the only way it would work was with another HDML device, in which I thought of my old GoPro that had the HDMI port.

She saw the GoPro back there and is afraid I was using it to spy on her. I was hoping for support or a contact number an expert in this field to prove my innocence. Any help is appreciated.

If you dont have any nudes of her, keep calm...
Dont waste your time =).
Bring her to some electronics shop, repair centre and discuss about gopro hdmi solution.
If you had camera pointing to bed... She does not have to believe it...
Especially if she is not nerd type...
Explanation Yours connection using gopro, doesnt not prove your innocence.
It would have to be diagnosed at the time of the finding. Not after.
So both sides has no proof i gues. Its word agains word =)

Last edited:
So through trial and error, I realized that when I used the HDMI adaptor, with two inputs into the HDMI adaptor, that I was able to toggle through the settings and use the LG TV remote to control the cable box. It needed a second input into the adaptor. So the only way it would work was with another HDML device, in which I thought of my old GoPro that had the HDMI port.

She saw the GoPro back there and is afraid I was using it to spy on her. I was hoping for support or a contact number an expert in this field to prove my innocence. Any help is appreciated.
This explanation makes to sense, you'll have to clarify how all that is really working. Your explanation sounds very convoluted and doesn't really make sense to me since HDMI cannot be sent to multiple devices (especially with copyright protection modes on devices sold in the US). Are you sure you weren't spying?

I don't think you can hide the cable box behind the TV and expect it to work.

It almost sounds like something that happened with a neighbor, She had single remotes and a cable box remote. When she hit power on the remote, bot devices came on UNTIL the batteries got low. On/off was toggle and when she aimed the remote, the TV went on and the cable box went off. I just had to get them back in sync.

The cable box has a display and i don't see why you would not want to see it.

Bottom line, you unintentionally hid a camera.

I don't know enough about the goPro to be of any help.

If you have this neatness thing, that can be in your favor. You can repeat the IR to keep stuff hidden.
promise not to hide cameras. Your neatness OCD overwelmed you. Use an IR repeater.

probably nothing you haven;t seen anyway even if it was a stealth camera.

Put the camera in a nice place and use an IR repeater.

Every Christmas we used to get service calls for TV's not working - invariably is was because the customer had put Christmas cards along the bottom of the TV, blocking the IR sensor.

Every Christmas we used to get service calls for TV's not working - invariably is was because the customer had put Christmas cards along the bottom of the TV, blocking the IR sensor.
I was really hoping the second half of your sentence was going to be, "- invariably, it was because the customer had a GoPro connected to secretly film his girlfriend in the bedroom and it was blocking the IR sensor".

I was really hoping the second half of your sentence was going to be, "- invariably, it was because the customer had a GoPro connected to secretly film his girlfriend in the bedroom and it was blocking the IR sensor".
Lol

It is obvious that you hid a camera in your girlfriend's room to spy on her. Admit it and ask her to forgive you without any more excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back