Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need some pointers please

Status
Not open for further replies.

compunerdy

I have a module that is turned on and off by a momentary switch. One side of the switch is constant negative the other is constant positive. When the switch is pushed it grounds out the circuit and changes the on/off state. This is all fine and dandy.

My problem is I want to control a seperate circuit with that same switch so it turns on/off the module and my other circuit at the same time. I have some latching relays but cant seem to figure out how to wire them to work.

Thanks in advance for any help
Tim

I have dual coil latching relays but I cant figure out how to make them latch and unlatch with only one momentary switch in the circuit.

I got it to somewhat work. I used a positive output of the module and a common ground to switch on my relay. So when I turn on the module it is switching my relay on. I hooked the momentary switch to reset the relay when pushed but since there is still power on the set side it wont work since they are fighting eachother.

I know I could use a standard relay but it seems to suck too much out of the circuit when I do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back