Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinubi

hello everyone,
I am a final year student now...i am really looking for a really good project that could be applicable to solving a problem in the Tropical setting(AFRICA) i am yet to identify any problem that could be solved. I am yet to have a really good idea..I don't know much about the availability of components too...I am in a kind of fix as to determining a suitable project considering all the things i stated...I need ideas from you all out there, pls help...
Thank you.

Well, what types of common problems are there associated with Africa, and its tropical environment? You can do a general brainstorming exercise, and write down every problem that people face in Africa. Insects, water purification, power supplies, battery chargers, weather stations for example. Identifying the problem that you wish to solve would be first. I'm not really able to say what problems you can fix, because I'm not accustomed to a tropical environment, and the lifestyle.

Good luck!

Tropical Africa, hmmm. I wouldn't have thought that Electicity supplies would be in abundance out in tropical Africa, and obviously in order to be in a position to use electronic items in the first place, you would need an electricity supply. It would seem fairly logical to attempt to provide an electricity supply local to places where electronic items would be used in tropical Africa, so maybe you could design some kind of power supply for the region? I believe sunlight would be plentiful there, provided no trees shelter the area, so you could do a solar based power supply. Alternatively, a local river could be used as the source for an electricity generator.

Other than that, I can suggest some kind of climate control based project. Tropical Africa can be a harsh environment to live in, and it'd be ideal to have a climate controlled home for anyone staying out there for any great deal of time. You could base the project on monitoring the ambient temperature and altering the speed of fans or other cooling techniques within the home/base.

Or, what about some kind of weather prediction project? The weather can change dramatically in tropical Africa and this can be a problem. Design a weather predicting device based on monitoring the current air pressure, things like that.

Hope this helps

Thanks guys for your suggestions. Electricity supply was, and is still a problem in Nigeria. My project was not based on solving an electricity supply issue but I can tell you it went very well...

Well, stinubi, after ten and a half years (!), I am very curious what your your project was that went very well!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back