Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Some Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermaine

I have got some doubts for those qs...unable to solve it....
This is a exam q..i got no answer to this :( anyone can help advise me?

Given a plane contains two straight lines whose equations are
(1) (x-1/-2) = y-4=z

and (2) (x-2/.3) = (y-1/4) = (z-2/.1)

(a) Are the two straight lines parallel to each other?
(b) Find the equatoion of the plane containing the two straight lines?

and another doubt i ahve is how to integrate x(1/x-3)?
I dun know why it's x-3ln(x-3)...it's bit confusing here...pls advise me soon cos i'm having exam this week...thanks alot

shermaine said:
I have got some doubts for those qs...unable to solve it....
This is a exam q..i got no answer to this :( anyone can help advise me?

Given a plane contains two straight lines whose equations are
(1) (x-1/-2) = y-4=z

and (2) (x-2/.3) = (y-1/4) = (z-2/.1)

(a) Are the two straight lines parallel to each other? If the coefficient of x is the same in each case, then the lines must be parallel when written in the form y=mx + C

and another doubt i ahve is how to integrate x(1/x-3)? I dun know why it's x-3ln(x-3)...it's bit confusing here...pls advise me soon cos i'm having exam this week...thanks alot

If the coefficient of x, which is m(slope of the line) is the same in each case, then the lines must be parallel when written in the form y=mx + C

x+3Ln(x-3)+C

geometry. haa, im in that rite now. i havent seen anything like that yet. If you can graph the lines, it would make it a whole lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back