Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need some help designing a new LED taillight setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would chime in, but my answer would get me more greif

eg, stick in a 16f628A and do everything in software. I have loads of logic chips here, but still find it easier just to use a uP in 99% of cases.

yeah, that would be my first thought too, but if you don't have a programmer or know how to write code its not a appealing option.

While the young folks like me seem to jump right to micros, some of the older folks here come up with some clever circuits using simpler components.

Last edited:
Pickit2 £9.99 (with the magazine voucher) - a version of BASIC to run it with FREE, Manuals and step by step guides to programming - free and a few hours with the computer to learn the basics (probably all this circuit needs)

anyway im off topic, so i'll be quiet now

yeah sorry I dont know anything about that stuff. Seems like nobody has an answer to my question anywhere. Getting frustrating.

Ok I think I've rethought this design. I know its possible because I watched it in a video on youtube. But I decided to just go with brakes above and the sequential leds on the bottom. I'm still going off the schematics I posted above so I still need help making it work. Does anyone have any experience designing pcb's? I'm trying to use ExpressPCB and ExpressSCH. I have the schematics down but don't know how to work the PCB. Anyone used this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back