Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need some heavy duty treads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

techy_1

Does anyone know where I can get some heavy duty threads, if possible I would just like to purchase a platform that has the whole deal - hubs, treads and motors. This way I can concentrate on the "brains" of the robot.

Thankyou.

Robot chassis

I recently went to a house-clearance auction -- amongst all the junk and furniture I saw an electric chair with a little joystick control on the chair arm ....
It sold for a few pounds ....
I thought at the time this was a good robot chassis !

thanks. I will take a look at electric chairs.

I also found a picture of the type of treads I would like to use - anyone know how I could make these or where I can buy something similar?

thanks.

Attachments

• robot-awesome_treads.jpg
    robot-awesome_treads.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,619
I'm thinking about using mountain bike chains. I'll need about 5 chains per tread which is about 7.5mm wide per chain. This works quite well on rough terrain but tends to skid alot of slippery surfaces such as tiles.

On a conventional tread, if the tread comes off the whole thing becomes undrivable, whereas in the bike chain idea, if one chain comes off you still have 4 chains on that side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back