Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need some assistance with DC motors, inductors, etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

4DRHTRD

OK, I have the following scenario:

Use a DEI 529T power window module (**broken link removed**) to open and close these:
**broken link removed** in "moonroof" mode (Side 1 opens flaps, Side 2 closes flaps).

I already have it in the car and working EXCEPT I can't get the 529T to stay on for the entire open/close, it takes mutliple activations to either open or close completely.

I have measured the following information:

Stock power window takes 4A to open or close and spikes to 15A when all the way open or close.

The motors in parallel for the cutouts take .4A to open or close.

My thoughts are to put a resistor and an inuctor in series to each other but parallel to the electric motors. I have come up with a 3 ohm resistor (for 4A load) but I am unable to figure out what size inductor I should be using.

Any ideas? Any way to calculate this?

Hope you guys can help!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back