Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need RF to send 8-bit signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aidis

Heya , i need help constructing a 8 or at least 4-channel transmitter and receiver.

What it needs to do is very simple.

Transmitter: A Computer LPT Port (~3v output)
Receiver: (A motor driver , it has inputs that can range from 3 - 5v) (L293D)

So when i send 3 volts from the computer port , on the other side the receiver sends 3 volts (from a battery?) into the driver to drive a motor. Any help or at least good websites to read on how to do this?

Just 1 Channel

I think it would be easiest to just transmit on one channel serially and have 8-bit encoder/decoder IC's on either end. It doesn't look like you will need extremely high speed. Check out some of the solutions at www.rentron.com

:)

Good idea i could use Decoder/Encoder IC's , but the problem is i have no idea how to connect them to the antenna/transmitter/receiver , first time with RC. Does the site you gave have full schematics or just samples for each part?

Would replacing the IC of that circuit with an 8-channel encoder/decoder work? I mean with the tx/rx modules on there?

Schematics

Yes, the site I gave you earlier(rentron) does have schematics. The kit from the other site in the last post appears to be the same type of thing. I don't think you will be able to simply drop in 8-bit encoder/decoder ICs. Being that you are just beginning, I would recommend buying a kit that fits your needs exactly. I think this will be a real time saver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back