Need RF to send 8-bit signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aidis

Heya , i need help constructing a 8 or at least 4-channel transmitter and receiver.

What it needs to do is very simple.

Transmitter: A Computer LPT Port (~3v output)
Receiver: (A motor driver , it has inputs that can range from 3 - 5v) (L293D)

So when i send 3 volts from the computer port , on the other side the receiver sends 3 volts (from a battery?) into the driver to drive a motor. Any help or at least good websites to read on how to do this?

Just 1 Channel

I think it would be easiest to just transmit on one channel serially and have 8-bit encoder/decoder IC's on either end. It doesn't look like you will need extremely high speed. Check out some of the solutions at www.rentron.com

Good idea i could use Decoder/Encoder IC's , but the problem is i have no idea how to connect them to the antenna/transmitter/receiver , first time with RC. Does the site you gave have full schematics or just samples for each part?

Would replacing the IC of that circuit with an 8-channel encoder/decoder work? I mean with the tx/rx modules on there?

Schematics

Yes, the site I gave you earlier(rentron) does have schematics. The kit from the other site in the last post appears to be the same type of thing. I don't think you will be able to simply drop in 8-bit encoder/decoder ICs. Being that you are just beginning, I would recommend buying a kit that fits your needs exactly. I think this will be a real time saver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…