Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need PIC Assembly Help: Changing variable sets to be placed in subroutine "CALL"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success at last. I had a feeling it was something simple that is preventing the colors to be placed correctly. In the subroutine color calls (Red, Green, Blue) I changed movlw to movfw and the entire code works perfectly. Now I will be working on Table lookup section (129 color sets) and SW interrupt on RA5 to change color sets on demand. Here is the change reflected that made the code work:

Red
movfw Color1
movwf copyPORTA
return
;---------------------------------------------
Green
movfw Color2
movwf copyPORTA
return
Blue
movfw Color3
movwf copyPORTA
return

There is no 'flag' you simply check the pin using BTFSS or BTFSC.

Nigel
What is the maximum line entries you can have in a Lookup Table? I will be needing 3 of these. I have 129 different mutations of color sets and need to know if the memory can take 129 x 3 lines of table entries.
Also in your table lookup example you called one table at a time if certain conditions were met. And not all 3 tables at the same time like I would. In that case do you test your XOR line for 129 or 129x3?
Regards,
Rom

I was able to create 3 nested do loops to create the color mutation. I looks amazing. I will post link to Youtube video once I put it up. Thanks everyone for your input.
Special thanks to Nigel for opening new doors of possibilites for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back