Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need info on 555 monostable into a 4017b chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

minifletch

hi i could do with just any general info on how a 555 monostable into 4017b circuit works, or uses of this circuit and the positive points and negative points
Thanks

Not so long ago people used to have to buy books or go to libraries to get the information
they needed. Now the world wide web is at our fingertips but for many it doesn't seem good enough.

no i was after some information like the circuit idea you showed me that i could see how it worked or just some possible uses for it

Sorry for what seems to be a basic question...
In many of these 4017 circuits (like Bill's in post #4), one of the outputs is connected to a Darlington pair (TIP 120) through a 10 K resistor, while many other times no resistor is used to go directly into a transistor. The 4017 outputs only seem to deliver about 10ma, so how should the resistor value calculated?

You wouldn't need it if it only going to put out 10mA some chip are made to drive a transistor from the output. The output is limited in the chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back