Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahamedirshad123

i our project named "anticollision of train" we are using more infrared sensors to detect the direction of the train.can anbody give me the idea to reduce the number of IR sensors.
thanx in advz=ance

I guess he wants to avoid collisions between trains, not trains and cars.

Boncuk

ya u r correct .give me a valuable suggestion to decrease the number of infra red sensors. In our project we have to use many sensors inorder to detect the direction of train.tell me the different approach for detecting whether two trains r comin or not.

ya u r correct .give me a valuable suggestion to decrease the number of infra red sensors. In our project we have to use many sensors inorder to detect the direction of train.tell me the different approach for detecting whether two trains r comin or not.

It is impossible to give you a "better" solution if we don't know what it's supposed to be "better" than. Can you tell us how you are currently doing it? Then we can maybe propose some better/simpler ideas.

Regards,

Torben

:D

You need communication with the other trains to avoid collision not sensors.

Last edited:
i our project named "anticollision of train" we are using more infrared sensors to detect the direction of the train.can anbody give me the idea to reduce the number of IR sensors.
thanx in advz=ance

I would have thought the cost of a few extra IR detectors would be well justified compared to the damage and possible loss of life resulting from a headon train crash.

I assume we talking 'real' trains and not models.??:)

thanx............
in our project we are totally using six sensors,three to one train and othr three to other train to detect whether the train is coming in opposite direction or not..........
is it possible to use large number of sensors in the real time to avoid collision over the entire track??????????????if it so the how should be the power supply?

is there any opposite approach????????plz tell

Please describe the project clearly, it is impossible to offer suggestions without a detailed explanation.

Some diagrams/sketches will also be helpful..

thanks
aa

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back