Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with what I think is a simple project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something based on this perhaps (though it's a tad ambitious for an electronics beginner)?
View attachment 75695
Very interesting. I was working on a similar circuit based upon one I saw in another forum. The main difference is I used 555s for the oscillators and 10 different resistors to give more steps for the pseudo-random periods between 1 and 3 seconds (which may be overkill). But I like your use of the inverters for the oscillators, makes it simpler. And the variable mark/space ratio is a nice touch.

But if you were going to make it a commercial product, a microprocessor implementation would still likely be simpler and cheaper.

But if you were going to make it a commercial product, a microprocessor implementation would still likely be simpler and cheaper.
Totally agreed......but I'm not going commercial :).

Crutschow, sounds like we were both working along the same lines. I'd actualy logged on today to upload a circuit but the one provided by alec_t is a lovely bit of work! Well done alec_t.

Of course this could easily be put into a processor - but i think this circuit it a great way for M-ron to get hands on with the electronics. It should be a nice and easy project to attempt - keep us updated and we'll give you all the info / advice you need to get this thing working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back