Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help with the LM567 Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose523

Okay so, I'm trying to build a Infra Red remote control. So i have 2 circuits, one small which is the remote, where the InfraRed light is activated with a button,

and the other circuit, the Receiver, is the one with the Photo transistor which detect the IR LED pulse and activate a 6 volt RELAY. On this circuit, i use the LM567 chip as a tone decoder to detect the IR LED impulsions

My problem is that, when i activate the IR LED, the signal is detected by the prototransitor, and sent through an OP AMP, and then sent to the input of the LM567, but it looks like it does'nt work, the signal stops there. I must have misconfigured something

There are 2 things to configure on this chip, the central frequency and the Bandwidth.

I know that the Input frequency of the LM567 must match his central frequency to work well.

My input frequency is 800 Hertz, so i configured the LM567 to match this frequency. I don't understand how to configure the Bandwitdh, maybe it's because of that it doesn't work.

I joined my 2 circuits so you can look at them if you want, i really need help, it's the only thing that doesnt work on my project, i don't understand how works the LM567 configuration

And here is the DataSheet if you need

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2011/08/LM567PDF.pdf

Attachments

• infra red led emitting.png
    infra red led emitting.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 302
  • Receptor.png
    Receptor.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 544
The opamp isn't connected correctly, so won't work - you can't bias it like that.

But apart from that it's a horrible attempt at a circuit, both TX and RX - IR remotes use ultrasonic carriers and digital coding, and there's good reasons for that.

Well, it worked once ^^ when i was tuning the Trimpot, but it was too sensitive, and couldn't make it work again after that.

Are you sure it can't work, because there are some people that had it to work, with their personal tunings. In fact 50% said it wasn't possible and the other 50% said it was possible with some changes on the circuit..:( I have like 2 weeks to find a way to make it work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back