Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help with reset circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotrfan76

Hi folks! This is my first attempt at posting so please let me know if I'm making mistakes or not including enough information. :)
I would like to design a reset button. I have a simple 12V buzzer which is tied to 12V power and turns on when GND is supplied by any of 4 "warnings". I put in a cut-off switch which simply cuts power to the buzzer until the "warning" can be fixed. However, it would be nice to have a momentary reset switch in there that I could hit and have it shut down that "warning" until it can be addressed yet still allow other warnings to sound. I know there must be some easy way to implement this but I could use a little help getting started.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Alarm bypass-5.gif
    Alarm bypass-5.gif
    31.1 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Hi Ken and thanks for the reply.
I followed the thread you sent me and it looks like my problem is very similar to the previous OP. I looked at your schematic but I'm wondering where do I tie in my "warning" signals which are basically just providing GND? I'm guessing I would just pull out those 4switches and replace each one with one of my inputs?
Thanks again!

Not having a wiring diagram for you system, I assumed that the 4 warning-switches in your existing system would be the 4 grounding-switches at the bottom of my schematic. Rather than go directly to the buzzer, they would wired individually to each of my circuit sections, as you say.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back