Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with PIC and serial Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shenr0n

Hi,

Does any1 know how to interface the serial port to the PIC chip(40pins)? if you do, could you let me know how? I really apreciate it.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Shenr0n said:
Hi,

Does any1 know how to interface the serial port to the PIC chip(40pins)? if you do, could you let me know how? I really apreciate it.

Have a look at my PIC tutorials at http://www.winpicprog.co.uk which has a tutorial on serial interfacing, giving both software and hardware versions.

Thank for the Link, I learned a lots from the site, but i can't seem to find the hardware connection between the Serial Port (9 pins) to the PIC .

Shenr0n said:
Thank for the Link, I learned a lots from the site, but i can't seem to find the hardware connection between the Serial Port (9 pins) to the PIC .

The hardware page at shows the connections - the board can be configured for either RC6/7 (for a 16F87x) or RB1/2 (for a 16F628). If you are using software RS232 it doesn't matter which pins you use, those specified are for the hardware USART's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back