Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with making a touch screen calender

Status
Not open for further replies.

flames33

Hi,
I am very interested in making a simple touch screen calender, what I have in mind for the touch screen part would be that the person could go up to the calender and have the option to go to the next month(a arrow pointing to the right to go to the next month , and an arrow pointing to the left to go to previous months). The other feature I would like to create would be to allow the user to press on one of the squares for the month and be able to type in the event that takes place on that day with a small keyboard that slides down from behind the screen.

I would like the cheapest way possible to make this for a prototype.
Please give me feedback on this idea/project.

Last edited:
Get a touch screen adapter for a standard monitor. They cost a few hundred dollars.
**broken link removed**
That's just one maker, there are probably many others out there.

Last edited:
Yes, but I don't want to use a laptop/ computer, I want it to be a like a digital photo frame. Or could I make the calender with just a monitor, the touch screen add on and some computer parts?

If "This is patented and copywrited. " then you would already know what parts to use. **broken link removed**

Last edited:
I said that so people wouldn't try to steal my idea.......Can anyone answer my question? And I do know what parts are going to be used.

If you know the parts to be used then you shouldn't be asking for help...

And if it is patented, why are you so worried about someone stealing your ideas?

OK, why are you givin' me a hard time(blueroomelectronics)? If you are just gonna spam up my thread and not post anything useful then go post somewhere else,please.

And it is not a photo frame, you can type dates in, see what you have planned for the next month ect. the only difference between normal calendars and mine is that it doesn't use paper and it will be able to sync to outlook or google calendar.

Well, personal digital assistant is pocket sized that only one person can have!!!!!!!!! My calendar is on a wall viewable by anyone in the household!!!!!

O.k, if your in a rush to go to work, would you rather be late for work to see what you have planned or take a look at your calendar?

They have calendars on computers now. They also make paper versions of the same thing.

Well, personal digital assistant is pocket sized that only one person can have!!!!!!!!! My calendar is on a wall viewable by anyone in the household!!!!!

First off, you don't have this magic calendar, yet.

Secondly, no need to shout.

They have calenders on most digital photo frames now, PDAs etc... What would make yours different and why don't you sue anyone who has violated your patent (since it appears many have)

Also since you claim to have a patent, why not let us see it? After all it is now available for anyone to view.

Actually my iPhone has a great calender, I can carry in my pocket. Little good a calender on my home wall will do when I'm on the road.

Years ago I had a Squeezebox that had reminders come up on its screen with email & appointment reminders. Stock ticker too.

Last edited:
If you do not want to use computer screen you can get
- touch panel and display (for e.g. here: Easy Buy | Buy mikroElekronika Boards with a single click | mikroElektronika, **broken link removed** ) that you can control from uC
- examples how to use display and touch panel (they work with mikroC compiler downloadable here: **broken link removed** )

Anything bigger will cost you ~10 times more then a ready made device, pda, iPhone ...

You have calendar applications for PDA that allow you to scroll, size, send, share contacts, appointments etc with your fingers, throwing them around, there is also a speech assistant that you can ask what your appointments are, when the next one is, with whom .. etc .. all that on simple PDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back