Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with LED flicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, my wifes early 2000's diesel citroen has no 'twiddly bits' manual windows no central locking etc, and the engine is mechanical injection, you can unplug the ecu once the engine is started and it'll carry on running, the ecu just does emmision control junk.

Thank you for all of the replies. Here is a little more info. The Lights consist of 11 LED's. The resistor is in parallel with the LED's and has a resistance of 36 ohms I have no issues with bulb out warnings only the flicker when the lights are not in use. The assemblies are sealed so I do not have (easy) access to anything other than the 2 wires. The original bulbs in the car are 21 watt bulbs. I don't know if this information will change anything that has been said.

Last edited:
Thank you for all of the replies. Here is a little more info. The Lights consist of 11 LED's. The resistor is in parallel with the LED's and has a resistance of 36 ohms I have no issues with bulb out warnings only the flicker when the lights are not in use. The assemblies are sealed so I do not have (easy) access to anything other than the 2 wires. The original bulbs in the car are 21 watt bulbs. I don't know if this information will change anything that has been said.

Can you measure, or look up, how much current the new LED assemblies draw when connected directly to a car's battery?

Is there really a 36Ω resistor in parallel with the LED assembly? That makes no sense, unless it was placed there in an attempt to fool the "burn-out detector?

I will get back to you on current draw (may be a day or 2 ). As for the resistor it is external to the assembly and is strictly for the bulb out warning and works as intended when connected

I will get back to you on current draw (may be a day or 2 ). As for the resistor it is external to the assembly and is strictly for the bulb out warning and works as intended when connected

If you have an adjustable DC power supply, measure the current through the 11 LED turn signal assembly at 12V and at 14.4V without the 36Ω in parallel with it. I want to see what kind of current regulation it has inside of it.

Also, it would be nice to know at what minimum voltage the LEDs first begin to glow visibly

If you do not have an adjustable DC power supply, then just measure the current at the resting voltage of the car's battery, but also measure the battery voltage with the DVM...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back