Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help with Inverter project

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDestruction

Hey guys, I am new here!!! I been having some trouble with my inverter design. ok here's the deal i used transistors to drive my H bridge mosfet to put out a 12 Vac square wave signal. for now i am just simulating this in my multisim. I got the 12 vac output but when i send it to my transformer center tapped at 12 vdc. it gives me error. can someone help me. I am using a 555 timer IC. But i also tried just using freq. generator and running it through a rectifier to generate my PWM signal.

PWM - 5v 60Hz

how do you i attach my circuit on the site.

This is not an actual circuit i will be building i am just messing around to see if i can build a simple inverter.

12dc to 120 vac i am looking for.

PWM -> transistor drive -> H bridge Mosfet ->Transformer

thanks all for your help.:)

Schematics and/or sim file. Text descriptions are not enough.

I think that Noobies have trouble attaching schematics because the image is first checked by a Moderator for Pron or Spam.

Just take the outer taps of the transformer and attach each to the points between the high-side and low side transistors. As in right in the middle of the h-bridge, attach one side of the transformer to the left node in between the high and low transistors, then repeat on the other side.

It's the same place you would put a motor if it was a motor controller.

You don't use the center tap with an h-bridge.

Last edited:
thanks smanches. Ok i am getting a good reading form the transformer, but the square wave is lost. I am getting a oscillating signal with a high edge then a crash back down to zero. could this be due to the bjt's switching speed. if i use a mosfet driver would it be better. Also, can anyone give me a circuit for mosfet driver interface with H bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back