Need Help with Inverter project

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDestruction

Hey guys, I am new here!!! I been having some trouble with my inverter design. ok here's the deal i used transistors to drive my H bridge mosfet to put out a 12 Vac square wave signal. for now i am just simulating this in my multisim. I got the 12 vac output but when i send it to my transformer center tapped at 12 vdc. it gives me error. can someone help me. I am using a 555 timer IC. But i also tried just using freq. generator and running it through a rectifier to generate my PWM signal.

PWM - 5v 60Hz

how do you i attach my circuit on the site.

This is not an actual circuit i will be building i am just messing around to see if i can build a simple inverter.

12dc to 120 vac i am looking for.

PWM -> transistor drive -> H bridge Mosfet ->Transformer

thanks all for your help.

I think that Noobies have trouble attaching schematics because the image is first checked by a Moderator for Pron or Spam.

Just take the outer taps of the transformer and attach each to the points between the high-side and low side transistors. As in right in the middle of the h-bridge, attach one side of the transformer to the left node in between the high and low transistors, then repeat on the other side.

It's the same place you would put a motor if it was a motor controller.

You don't use the center tap with an h-bridge.

Last edited:
thanks smanches. Ok i am getting a good reading form the transformer, but the square wave is lost. I am getting a oscillating signal with a high edge then a crash back down to zero. could this be due to the bjt's switching speed. if i use a mosfet driver would it be better. Also, can anyone give me a circuit for mosfet driver interface with H bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…