Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help with circuit design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the idle current? I assume the unit is on all the time discharging the battery. A GSM phone and charger on all the time, what would the continuous discharge current be?

Here in Canada we get many sales phone calls from Pakistan. The people can barely speaky zee Engrish or don't know how to use their phone and it sounds like they are selling Duck Cleaning but actually it is Duct Cleaning for furnace air ducts.
My furnace has an air filter that is cheap and I replace it every 3 months so I have never needed my ducks to be cleaned by those morons.

Their phone calls are halfway around the world and maybe they get a sale for 1 in 50 calls so they don't make much money. There was a documentary about it on TV. Their call center had hundreds of sales people on the phones.
They sell each sale to a cleaning company here who pays them.

Hey, I am retired with lots of spare time. I speak perfect English. My local phone calls are free and I know how to use my phone. I could sell Duck Cleaning better than them. I can also sell windows and doors.
I wonder how many of these phone calls will activate a remote car starter?

What about the idle current? I assume the unit is on all the time discharging the battery. A GSM phone and charger on all the time, what would the continuous discharge current be?

While I never gave it much thought the below table should help:
GSM Phone Current.png

The above table was taken from here: Cell phone power management requires small regulators with fast response

I am sure this all varies from phone to phone but overall considering everything else in today's cars and trucks that is always on I doubt the phone will matter much in the big picture. Anyway, the above link is a fair read on the subject.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back