Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with a circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aidis

Attachments

• 50um0007.jpg
    50um0007.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 923
As far as I can tell, it looks OK. I don't know what the relay is, so can't tell if it is wired correctly, and can't tell if the transistor is wired correctly. It would be a good idea to put a diode across the motor to protect the relay contacts.

The wiring seems correct but eveytime i activate the circuit , and the relay opens (I can hear the sound of it clicking) there is no power output from the relay. I found that if i connect the motor to the external power ( + ) spike and the spike that goes to the rest of the circuit (On the relay) i can control the motor as i need to but for some reason either the voltage or the amperage is terribly wrong. It reads like 2 volts with a voltometer ... wtf..? The relay coil code is MF843-1C-12DS.

Aidis said:
The wiring seems correct but eveytime i activate the circuit , and the relay opens (I can hear the sound of it clicking) there is no power output from the relay. I found that if i connect the motor to the external power ( + ) spike and the spike that goes to the rest of the circuit (On the relay) i can control the motor as i need to but for some reason either the voltage or the amperage is terribly wrong. It reads like 2 volts with a voltometer ... wtf..? The relay coil code is MF843-1C-12DS.
A Google search for the relay found nothing. Where did you get that part number? Can you post a link to a datasheet?
Note that BC547A and 2N2222 have different pin configurations (collector and emitter are swapped).
It is generally bad practice to insert semiconductor (transistor, diode) leads into plastic foam (if that's what I'm seeing in your picture). Static electricity can destroy the devices.

I bought it from a local electronics store heh. No no the foam is just for the picture , i have a circuit board now. Hmm ill try and experiment with it a bit ...

The guy had told me its like this:

(Edited and made the diagram an image)

The only way this works though is if i connect both the circuit and the motor to 1 and 3. He told me to connect to 5 and 4.

Attachments

• fixed.jpg
    fixed.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 834
That didnt come out very good .. anyway. Do you think i should get a new relay? If yes , what code for a good 9V one.

Judging from your sketch and the picture, I believe you have it connected correctly. Try measuring the voltage across the 9 volt battery, the relay, and the motor. That should tell where the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back