Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help Trying to make Police light Bar!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry214

Im new at this and im really trying to make a police light bar with LEDs if you guys and gals would help me out with this tell me every thing i need and if i can get at radio shack even BETTER! but any ways im just trying to make a simple one as this is my first project doesnt have to be to big as this is my first project thanks hope ya can help :D

Show me a picture or video of something simalar to what you would like to make and I will give some input.

I have made a few warning lights from scratch.

Just fair warning, its cheaper to just buy what you need/want.

Also fair warning, don't use it for impersonate the real police. You will get in alot of trouble.

Radio Shack will have almost nothing of use except for possibly some switches.

I'm not sure where you live Jerry but putting lights like these anywhere on a vehicle in either the US or the UK is illegal. Just in case you were wondering =)

If you want those complex flash patterns I would suggest you begin your quest by learning to program a micro controller.

I second what Sceadwian says. What do you want this for? Are you planning to put it in a car? Some people have valid reasons to put something like this in their car (volly fire/EMS with proper permit) but if you don't have a proper permit and reason, don't put a red and blue light in your car.

Orange/amber lights are more legal in most areas, but you still cannot drive with them on. I have an amber light simalar to that in the back window of our car. I just used it yesterday when I had to stop in the middle of the road, in the dark, in the rain, and drag a fallen tree off the road.

im not trying to put this in my car im just tryin to play around with leds all this is just for fun but yea i guess ill look into micro controller......thanks for the replys

If it's not for a car, then yeah, it's not that bad, big panels like that are hard to wire and manage the power for, but they're easy to control once you get the rest done. A micro controller can fade them too not just abrupt pulses.

hi, i'm new on this forum. can anybody give me a circuit diagram on strobe light that can flash 10Hz powered with 12 v battery. i just purchase a strobe light, but its power source require 220v and i wonder if i can use the flash tube and some capacitors from the said unit? thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back