Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help to identify this diode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck66

HI All, I'm repairing my Panasonic Plasma TV PSU and need help to identify this diode(D411). T2D76 is written on the body and a red band on one side. Pic is attached for reference. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
D411.jpg

looks like TS has replaced those caps already.
i always have more luck identifying components when an image of the markings are displayed. Many cases people just read them wrong.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I'm going to replace C492. When I do diode check with my DMM on D411 out of circuit it reads 0L on both (Forward bias, Reverse bias). Seems open. Can identify this diode or can suggest a replacement/alternative?

I took a clearer picture again and here is the sequence of the label as written on the body...the last character 6 seems underscored.

Attachments

• T2D76.jpg
    T2D76.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 345
  • T2D76..jpg
    T2D76..jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 456
  • T2D76....jpg
    T2D76....jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 336
Good Luck, and please update if you find out. I saw some stuff that claimed the colors determined the voltage rating. If that's the case then its more likely the 76 is just a lot code.

I have ordered T2D from AliExpress already. Cannot find this part in my country. Need to wait 2 - 3 weeks. I'll update you guys once I replaced the suspected parts.

After over a month's wait and the suspected parts have been replaced (C492 electrolytic cap, T2D76 diode and the IC MIP3E3). Also found one bulging cap 1400uf/220v at primary side, thus replaced. Now my old TV is working again. Thank you guys for helping me save few hundred $$ sending this tv to a service center. Again, thanks to all who contributed and gave helpful and informative inputs to this thread.

Since you found one bulking cap, you could replace all. In case you didn't know, even though capacitor is NOT bulking, it might be faulty due ESR being sky high. And when you do replace, nothing wrong wtith replacing faulty cap with low-ESR model and/or better temperature range.

nothing wrong wtith replacing faulty cap with low-ESR model and/or better temperature range.
it's been my experience that when replacing an 85C cap with a 105C cap, the ESR is slightly higher in a 105C cap than an 85C one. this is probably due to the formulation of the electrolyte. i have never seen the ESR of a new 105C cap to be outside the limits of what's usable, and it will keep it's ESR low longer than most 85C caps. there are specialized low ESR caps, but their body size is usually larger in diameter or length, and might not always fit in a crowded board, or cramped spaces in a unit case. the board shown in this thread is fortunately not very crowded, and with that transformer being so tall space doesn't seem to be an issue.

Sweet, thanks for correcting me! In fact I wasn't sure about that the higher temperature versions could bring bigger ESR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back