Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help to identify capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I am new to the site I have searched for over a month and cannot come up with an answer I was wondering if anybody can identify my aluminium can electrolytic capacitor and what the values are.
The markings read as followed ...
VZA
Thank you

Armando, I have edited the title of your thread so that it is obvious what it is you need help with.
Hello, I need help, is not very err.. helpful, if you see what I mean.;)

If you could post a picture of the capacitor, that would be useful to help identify the cap.

JimB

Understood.
I have tried to upload a picture but always says image to big to upload. But the limit it states is 32g! so I don't know what is wrong. Ill keep trying.

What form is the file?
ie JPG BMP ZIP or?

JimB

The limit for picture file size is not 32GB. It is more like 2MB. This is true for all files, in my experience anyway.:(

spec

(PS: I see you are from the US: which state? Care to put it by 'Location' on your user page so that it displays in the window at the left of your posts)

Figured it out. This is it. I have a few more to post soon. For reference this is a bose sounddock series 2 main audio board.

Attachments

• rsz_20160928_163718_hdr.jpg
    rsz_20160928_163718_hdr.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 121
Hi Armando,

Almost certainly that capacitor is a Panasonic VA series, Hybrid wet electrolytic polymer capacitor.

As far as I can determine the capacitor has the following characteristics:

(1) capacitance: 22uF (but may be 220uF) (the value of capacitance is unlikely to be critical)
(2) maximum voltage: 35V (you can always fit a higher voltage)
(3) the black segment marking indicates the negative (correction) terminal.

Panasonic VA series capacitor data sheet: **broken link removed**

Panasonic technical report covering polymer electrolytic capacitors: https://media.digikey.com/pdf/Application Notes/Panasonic Application Notes/Polymer_Hybrid_Capacitors.pdf

spec

Last edited:
Thank you so much Spec.
That is great information and I think you have nailed it. gonna try to fix my radio later tonight now.
Just one thing, the black marked side is the negative, not positive. In the pdf. It shows it as the negative.

Thank you so much Spec.
That is great information and I think you have nailed it. gonna try to fix my radio later tonight now.
Just one thing, the black marked side is the negative, not positive. In the pdf. It shows it as the negative.

No probs Armando,

Whoops: as you say negative, not positive.:banghead:

spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back