Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help to identify a capacitor to repair dead GTX 960 gpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shibly

As the title says, my graphics card died a bit ago and i need help identifying a blasted part. As far as my research went, i think that the thing is a tantalum capacitor. I am bad with smd codes and need help to identify the part "330 2R0 G19". Pic is below for referance.
IMG_20190309_230414_crop_314x275.jpg

The one on the left has blown up. Need to know what exactly is this and where can i get replacement. Thanks in advance.

Its appears to be a 330uF tantalum capacitor. The 2R0 will likely be the manufacturer series code for package, voltage and tolerance ratings. I do not know that logo off hand sorry. The G19 is probably just a production code and not important.

Last edited:
if the circuit it's in is a 1.8V rail voltage, 2R0 could be the voltage. whenever possible replace tantalum caps with about a 2:1 margin on the voltage. in other words, for a 1.8V rail, use a 3.3V or 5V cap instead. if a tantalum cap is shorted it's usually from the applied voltage going above the rated voltage. even a short term spike can damage them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back