need help to find a MOSFET replacement (K4005)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggg456

need help to find a MOSFET replacement (2SK4005, fuji electric)

hey how are you
i am new in this forum heard a lot of good things about it
sorry for my english...

so i need your help to find a replacement for power MOSFET named K4005. this mosfet short-circuit the power supply of my HP COLOR LASER JET CM1312.
i got a picture of the mosfet and the ic that driving it but found nothing at Google....(on both of them)
i think that that hp told a mosfet manufacture to produce some known mosfet with a new label that tells nothing to the technician, so the technician should call HP and HP would say: "sure give it to us we will fix it"......seems logic to me

i hope you could help me to find a compatible mosfet...

View attachment 68825

and the ic in high resolution:

**broken link removed**

below you will see a picture of the power supply....this board is the second part of the power supply. the first board called the FUSER and holds some fuses and filters.
also i changed the big filter capacitor....was 180uf 400V ( and thinner, holed good on the board) with another one, that was too big so i soldered it to thick wires. i couldn't find to original one but some friend told me its OK to have a bigger one.

**broken link removed**

thanks for you help!!!!

Last edited:
Hey
Thanks for your help! Hope i coild get a replacement. Maybe you might have some known mosfet that could replce this one? Or a website that could help me with the replacement search?

About the ic there is only a dot and numbers no logo in it.

edit:

OK so i searched about id and found no data sheet anywhere on the web.
i sent a form to fuji electric saying i need the data sheet. right now it seems to be revised on their website (odd why they could leave the link working) as you may see on the link:
**broken link removed**
its in the lower table in TO-220F package.

right now all i know about the mosfet to find a replaceent:
part name is 2SK4006 and fuji electric manufactured.
RDS resistence is 2.5 Ohm
rated 6A 70W, VDSS = 900V
Qg typical nC = 25 (not sure what thats mean)

Last edited:
Qg typical nC = 25 (not sure what thats mean)
That is the charge quantum for the G-S Capacitator of the FET in Nano Coulomb ( =Ampere Seconds ) .
That Value depends directly from the G-S capacity of the FET an the minimum G-S Voltage.
The Value will be needed to design a proper driver circuit for the FET.

Take a FET with nearly the same Value and than it's OK. The Value will be given in nearly every FET Datasheet.

The interesting parameters in this case are "Input Capacitance - Ciss" an the G-S Voltage.
And the "Typical Capacitances vs. VDS" diagram.
At 10V Gate Voltage and about 1nF Input Capacitance you get a Charge Quantum of 10nC.
That effects that this Transistor will switching faster, then Your original Part - When the G-S Voltage to D Currents are similar.

I dont want compare the rest of parameters. You can do it self.
If 50W maximum Power dissapation are enough for your application, You have to decide.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2012/11/FujiAllCatalog.pdf
This Korean site(www.daan.co.kr) seem to have more data on line than even the original fujielectric!
Get the catalog I posted above & look at page 38 (super FAP-G). It is listed there along with several others.

While the 900V may be a bit of an overkill, the current & Rds are critical. As long as you are close to the original. Judging by the heat spot under the FET, lower Rds(if possible) can be beneficial.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…