Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help to find a MOSFET replacement (K4005)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggg456

need help to find a MOSFET replacement (2SK4005, fuji electric)

hey how are you
i am new in this forum heard a lot of good things about it
sorry for my english... :)

so i need your help to find a replacement for power MOSFET named K4005. this mosfet short-circuit the power supply of my HP COLOR LASER JET CM1312.
i got a picture of the mosfet and the ic that driving it but found nothing at Google....(on both of them)
i think that that hp told a mosfet manufacture to produce some known mosfet with a new label that tells nothing to the technician, so the technician should call HP and HP would say: "sure give it to us we will fix it"......seems logic to me

i hope you could help me to find a compatible mosfet...

View attachment 68825

and the ic in high resolution:

**broken link removed**

below you will see a picture of the power supply....this board is the second part of the power supply. the first board called the FUSER and holds some fuses and filters.
also i changed the big filter capacitor....was 180uf 400V ( and thinner, holed good on the board) with another one, that was too big so i soldered it to thick wires. i couldn't find to original one but some friend told me its OK to have a bigger one.

**broken link removed**

thanks for you help!!!!

Last edited:
Hey
Thanks for your help! Hope i coild get a replacement. Maybe you might have some known mosfet that could replce this one? Or a website that could help me with the replacement search?

About the ic there is only a dot and numbers no logo in it.

edit:

OK so i searched about id and found no data sheet anywhere on the web.
i sent a form to fuji electric saying i need the data sheet. right now it seems to be revised on their website (odd why they could leave the link working) as you may see on the link:
**broken link removed**
its in the lower table in TO-220F package.

right now all i know about the mosfet to find a replaceent:
part name is 2SK4006 and fuji electric manufactured.
RDS resistence is 2.5 Ohm
rated 6A 70W, VDSS = 900V
Qg typical nC = 25 (not sure what thats mean)

Last edited:
Qg typical nC = 25 (not sure what thats mean)
That is the charge quantum for the G-S Capacitator of the FET in Nano Coulomb ( =Ampere Seconds ) .
That Value depends directly from the G-S capacity of the FET an the minimum G-S Voltage.
The Value will be needed to design a proper driver circuit for the FET.

Take a FET with nearly the same Value and than it's OK. The Value will be given in nearly every FET Datasheet.

The interesting parameters in this case are "Input Capacitance - Ciss" an the G-S Voltage.
And the "Typical Capacitances vs. VDS" diagram.
At 10V Gate Voltage and about 1nF Input Capacitance you get a Charge Quantum of 10nC.
That effects that this Transistor will switching faster, then Your original Part - When the G-S Voltage to D Currents are similar.

I dont want compare the rest of parameters. You can do it self.
If 50W maximum Power dissapation are enough for your application, You have to decide.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2012/11/FujiAllCatalog.pdf
This Korean site(www.daan.co.kr) seem to have more data on line than even the original fujielectric!
Get the catalog I posted above & look at page 38 (super FAP-G). It is listed there along with several others.

While the 900V may be a bit of an overkill, the current & Rds are critical. As long as you are close to the original. Judging by the heat spot under the FET, lower Rds(if possible) can be beneficial.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back