Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help to combine fuel injector circuit with ignition coil circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bingers

Hi all!

I am trying to interface two separate circuits. The first one I use to open a fuel injector for an adjustable period of time then close it. The second circuit then fires a single spark plug. The problem I am having is that I must be sure that the injector is fully closed before I fire the spark plug as I am using HHO gas in a pulse jet engine.

I just cannot seem to figure out how to time the fuel injector to the coil driver. I am only looking for about a 1 second delay after the injector closes. The system is 12 volts. I was thinking of either a capacitor between the two or a comparator to monitor the voltage from the injector so when it reaches 0v then the coil energizes.

The injector of course is adjustable as to the frequency of it opening and closes so I need something that will compensate for that as the frequency increases.

This is my first post here and I looked around and y'all seem very knowledgeable and helpful versus other boards. I like to learn so even if you point me in the right direction that would be great!

Here are the schematics.

Fuel injector circuit by RCM
**broken link removed**

Ignition driver via web
**broken link removed**

Thanks ahead.
Bingers

Im an HHO experimenter also...I hope you have an injector made specifically for controlling gas and not a normal one for gasoline. Otherwise I think your going to have major problems with correct flow rates. Either that or you perfected a water splitter..in any case good luck :D

Last edited:
HHO related! :eek:

That a Four letter word on this website! ;)

I would help out but since this is HHO fuel there would be no point being I bet this thread gets locked or deleted soon. :(

HHO related! :eek:

That a Four letter word on this website! ;)

I would help out but since this is HHO fuel there would be no point being I bet this thread gets locked or deleted soon. :(

I did not know this is forbidden.:confused:
It is not glass jar junk from shady salesmen. And I am not selling anything.
I have been researching this for years now

I merely want to introduce a fuel through an injector and then ignite it. I am working on this for home heating and cooling and I have got stuck on what would be the best way to make sure the injector is closed.

Suffice it to say, lets just assume the fuel is gasoline.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back