Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help school project

Status
Not open for further replies.
kchriste said:
Basically yes.... When you are talking about DC that is. DC is way more dangerous than AC because it causes the muscles to lock where as AC reverses polarity allowing you to let go.

AC actually makes the muscles spasm, often throwing you away - it might throw you off a tall building, or down the stairs - but at least you don't get electrocuted! :D

How about experiencing the plate voltage on a rf final output tube? Not only do you get to experience several hundred or more volts, but you receive an internal rf burn that lingers for quite some time as a constant reminder of one's carelessness. Yep, I've experience that too from a pair of 6146 tubes!:eek:

The BS safety standards say anything over 60V should be insulated in dry areas.

I've found 70 volts is when I can feel power when dry. But if you sweat or poke/press a wire into the skin. It is all about resistance at that point.

Also the heart is a muscle so AC can pulse it, I would think that could be a problem.

Stopping the heart is bad if no one is there to give CPR but running the heart at 50-60HZ is another.

4Kv with some 10 amps available certainly makes you jump and hurts like hell if there,s a wall in the way and you hit it at full speed.

4Kv with some 10 amps available certainly makes you jump and hurts like hell if there,s a wall in the way and you hit it at full speed.

Then just hope that the 4Kv at 10 amps knocks you unconscious before you hit the wall...

mramos1 said:
I've found 70 volts is when I can feel power when dry. But if you sweat or poke/press a wire into the skin. It is all about resistance at that point.

Also the heart is a muscle so AC can pulse it, I would think that could be a problem.

Stopping the heart is bad if no one is there to give CPR but running the heart at 50-60HZ is another.
Sorry, I forgot to say, 60VDC and 25VDC.

This shows how more dangerous AC, is 25VAC's peak value is 35V but it's considered to be as dangerous as 60VDC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back