Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help on Wesley's Simple Combination Lock... Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi all,

I'm doing this project for my final class project and I decided to build this PIC16f84 base Simple Combination Lock from Wesley Moore, this is his page;

http://home.iprimus.com.au/wjmoore/pic/proj_lock.html

It is a simple PIC combi lock with 7-seg and dip switch with 4 buttons

Can someone explain to me how this circuit (and the program) works? in general and in detail will be much helpful, any help in appreciated, thank you.

only the 7-seg part

I only needed explanation about the 7seg part because the picture is so unclear, can someone please help me with this? thank you.

Which pin of the PIC goes to which?

The Pin of the PIC in the picture is connected by a bus to the dip switches and the 7 seg, but it is so unclear which is connected to which and I want to ask someone about this, please have a look at the picture in the website and tell me what you think,. thanks

**broken link removed**

Only the DIP switch left

I have figured out from the program that the seven sgment is connected this way :

the dp to bit 7(RB7) and seg a to bit 0(RB0)

but I still can't found the way the DIP switch is connected, because the input pin is 5, and there are 4 switches on the DIP switch, I'm very confused, can someone please share some of their thougts?

please view the program at the website I copied above, because the source is scattered about if I copy and paste it here

thank you very much

Hi again

Hi all, I'm running out of time, and I've combined the Circuit with RB0-RB6 of the PIC connected to seg a to g of the 7-seg, and the RB7 connected to the decimal point, while the anodes goes to Vcc

while the PORT A is connected to the DIP switches, I cannot figure out how to connect it from the picture, so I connect them this way by logic:

RA0-RA3 to pin number 1-4 of the DIP switches, and the RA4, which I thought will read the 'enter' command provided by the fourth DIP switch (the fourth acted as an enter button, which is switched up and down to make it read the first 3 numbers of the PIN, I think the RA4 is used to read it when it is switched down)

but with all this, I connect it to 5 v Power supply (a 9V DC battery with a 7805)

and it wouldn't light even one segment, I'm totally confused, can someone help me please?

I've build the asm file with MPLAB IDE, and it works fine, no errors, just a message telling like :

''Register in operand not in bank 0. Ensure that bank bits are correct''

and have downloaded it to the IC with AllMax.

I've checked the 7-seg and it is in perfect condition, all the segments light with corresponding pin tested(with a battery) so I think it is not the problem.

the possible cause is maybe the PORT B output should be connected on an opposite condition, I mean RB7 to segment a, and RB0 for decimal point?

or maybe it is the PORT A input, the RA4 is supposed to be connected somewhere else?

I don't have any Idea what to do now...

Need lots of help
thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back