Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help on black curved line tracking robot in

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunny0070

Hello friends,

can anybody help me on the coding in VHDL for a line tracking robot for a curved black line? it has lynxmotion sensors which produce low on detecting black surface.

Thanks![/b]

Are you going to design an FPGA or an ASIC to do this? It seems like a much easier problem to solve in software (though I can see where a finite state machine might work).

How do you plan to do this? Are you going to use a finite state machine in your VHDL? In any case, perhaps you should post the logic that you plan to use -- Such as, if my right sensor hits the black line, I turn left -- and so on. If you are going to use one sensor, it is a bit more complex, though a good example of an FSM. For instance, with a single sensor, you will run over the black line and into the white. The question is "Which way to turn?" You can imagine in such a system the vehicle will zig-zag back and forth over the line as it moves forward. So if you make the black->white transistion, you can look at the last turn that you made and turn in the opposite direction on this iteration.

hello crust,

i have 3 sensors. if leftsensor=1(hits white surface) turn right, if rightsensor=1 turn left and if centresensor=0 keep on going straight.

i am not using fsm...but just trying to code it following this logic.

thanks
sunny

Ok, that makes sounds reasonable. It would be helpful to provide a description of the mechanics of your system. For instance, is it a platform with two independently driven wheels in the center of the left and right side? Or is it like a car with articulating front wheels and non-articulating rear wheels? The first seems easier to implement using your logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back