Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help on adc0808

Status
Not open for further replies.

plotoyee

hai everybody....
im now using the adc0808 to convert the human voice into the digital form. but there is no output shown?? why??
where is the problem??
thanks for ur help

Attachments

• adc.JPG
    adc.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,216
yes im using basic stamp 2
but is not the bs2 problem.
the adc will give me all output high although i didnt put any signal in..

plotoyee said:
yes im using basic stamp 2
but is not the bs2 problem.
the adc will give me all output high although i didnt put any signal in..

What are you using for the clock signal?.

Also, you appear to have it wired to continually convert, as you are using a micro-controller you should use a signal from that to initiate a conversion, and wait for the end of conversion signal.

i program the bs so that it can direcly decode the input and producing the require output. but now im facing the problem in converting the huamn voice into digital form.....

information

I[/b][/quote]I AM USING ADC0808 BUT IT GIVES ALL OUT PUTS HIGH WITH0UT GIVING ANY INPUT

two things..
1) the 0808 has no sample & hold circuit built in.. so you may want to use a different ADC.. or add one yourself..
2) as Nigel tried to tell you the interrupt ( or EOC ) is supposed to tell the uController when the conversion is done..

Attachments

• adc_0808.jpg
    adc_0808.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 885
plotoyee said:
yes im using basic stamp 2. but is not the bs2 problem.
Just curious ... Does the BS2 actually run fast enough to handle 7K samples/sec?
JB

sorry for interupting the discussion
but mr plotoyee, i also need adc0808 for my task.

did you ground all the 7bit other input so that you only get 1 from those that will converted?

i still confuse about how to using it

sorry for interupting the discussion
but mr plotoyee, i also need adc0808 for my task.

did you ground all the 7bit other input so that you only get 1 from those that will converted?

i still confuse about how to using it

hi,
This thread is 5 years old.!:)

If you start a new thread, members will help.

Last edited:
Interfacing of adc0808 with microcontroller

Hi guys,
the adc0808 is 8 bit adc with 8 multiplexed channels for analog signals.
its interfacing with microcontroller 8051 is very simple and easy, you can find code and other tips here on this link.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back