Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help interfacing pic24 to read a barcode scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

asmith34

I need a pic24 (PIC24FJ1024GB610-I/PT) to connect and read from a 1D barcode scanner (Motorola LS2208-7AZR0100DR). With the research I've done I understand that using a plug-n-play barcode scanner with a usb interface will not work with a pic microcontroller but one with a DB-9 / RS-232 cable should. I am not sure how to get started. Could someone please offer some advice? I've attached spec sheet for barcode scanner. If I am missing details please let me know. Thanks!

Attachments

• ls2208.pdf
    257 KB · Views: 156
You'll have to translate RS232 levels to the 5 volt signals the UART expects. You can use a MAX232 chip for this or get a conversation module based on this chip from ebay for a buck or two.

SmartSelect_20190117-150404_Firefox.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back