Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help In My Tesla Coil !

Status
Not open for further replies.

tareef

Hi,
Am Tareef, me and my friends were interested in building a Tesla Coil, and so we did one, but actually after we finished assembling and fixing the parts together we noticed that while we were testing it, the sparks only came out from the spark gap, and nothing came out from the toroid, we spent hours trying to know why that happened but we reached to nothing
so for that am asking you if you can help us by giving us an advise.
by the way i will provide you with some videos, so it can be easier for you to know whats happeneing.

The First Video Shows All The Wiring We Made
(( YouTube - Wiring ))

The Second Video Shows Whats Happening With Us
(( YouTube - Sparks ))

note: you will notice that in the wiring video that the is a copper coil on the ground, actually we put id there and we connected it with a wire for grounding, and that wire is connected to a steel pipes used for the fire fighting in our building.
hope the information which i gave to you is enough.

Waiting Your Advice,, Thanks Alot
Tareef

Way cool!
but I would need to know more about the actual set up. Schematics, (coil sizes, dimensions and turns ratios. ) tank circuit layout and capacitor values too.
You have the main part done now it just needs a good tuning!
If you built it off web based schematics you could have been badly instructed too. many of the tesla coil designs I have found are way off from actualy ever being able to work.
Their math is often completely wrong and the parts or circuit layouts are usualy miss guided as well.

Actually we didn't use our math too much:D, because we bought all the parts from eBay from a person called Alan, and also he sent us a guide or you can say a catalog showing us the steps to build the catalog,,
by the way i will send you now to your yahoo account the catalog we used for building our Tesla Coil,,
Thanks for your interest

I have built a few tesla coils and trust me if you did not do the math your in for a tough tuning session. I looked the stuff over quick and its actualy a good theoretical design. but why are there no pictures of it working?
I will post the design plans so every one can see it. I think there are a few tesla coil fans here that could be of good help.

And here are two pics of my experiments. I run toroidless designs. Bit harder to do though, more math is involved and a number of misc factors come into play as well. The red one is a 3 inch PVC with a 6 inch discharge.

The pair are a matched set for doing wireless power transmission experiments. The right one is the reciever but does not have the drop down coil in place. once its tuned properly it can run a 12v 3 amp load 15 feet away from the transmitter. And the transmitter shows a loading effect too.

Attachments

• TeslaStuff 4 Inch Tesla Coil Plans Vs 1.3S[1].pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 3,931
  • DCP00612.JPG
    DCP00612.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 166
  • DCP01329.JPG
    DCP01329.JPG
    239.8 KB · Views: 165
Unfortunatly I have to work for a living some days so It may take a little while for me to do the math and rengineer that design. Its the only way I will be able to see what is wrong. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back