Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help in my project please!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

faisy

hello!!!!!

please help me in making circuit diagram of my project.
"i want to make the water over flowing project which geton/alaram when the tank is ful or going to overflow"

please help me me by giving me circuit diagram of this project

with waiting for ur answers
good bye[/b]

faisy said:
hello!!!!!

please help me in making circuit diagram of my project.
"i want to make the water over flowing project which geton/alaram when the tank is ful or going to overflow"

please help me me by giving me circuit diagram of this project

with waiting for ur answers
good bye

do a search for an audio oscillator, and build it. As soon as you managed to produce a tone, your circuit is 99% done.

Now disconnect one battery terminal from the circuit, and instead of connecting the hanging wire and the battery terminal to a switch, you connect it to the water. Yes, use another wire! You dont want both battery terminals to be simultaneously connected to the water!!!

btw, WATER CONDUCTS ELECTRICITY!

mstechca said:
do a search for an audio oscillator, and build it. As soon as you managed to produce a tone, your circuit is 99% done.

Now disconnect one battery terminal from the circuit, and instead of connecting the hanging wire and the battery terminal to a switch, you connect it to the water. Yes, use another wire! You dont want both battery terminals to be simultaneously connected to the water!!!

But it's a poor conductor, you can't switch the power supply with it, you can only switch high impedance inputs.

Hi,

An alarm could be just a red LED.
In which case all you need to add is a couple of single cells,
and some wire.
Just position the wire ends to touch the water at the desired level,
and put the LED somewhere visible.

(my post has crossed with Nigel's - i found that the water made
a suitable resistor for the LED, did it in a cup, only took a few
minutes.)

Hard to think of a simpler water level alarm.

John :)

Attachments

• waterlevel.jpg
    waterlevel.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 696
The posted circuit has not been properly designed.

On one side we have a TRIAC, while we have a SCR on the other side.

As the SCR can only conduct on the positive half cycle, it will only present a load to the transformer when it conducts. Therefore the triac will also only conduct for 50% of the AC waveform.

mstechca said:

Not completely true.

Pure water does not conduct electricity, it is a very good insulator.

De-ionised water is checked by measuring is electrical resistance. The higher the resistance the purer the water.

Very high power radio transmitters (100kW), use water to cool the anodes of the power amplifier valves (tubes). The anodes have many kV on them.

However put some thing like salt or sulphuric acid in water and you have a good conductor.

Where probes with voltege are dipped into the water you will get some electrolysis taking place which could give confusing results if the amount of current is critical to the circuit operation.
Also electrolytic action may "eat away" one or both of your probes after a length of time.

JimB

JimB said:
However put some thing like salt or sulphuric acid in water and you have a good conductor.
Salt and fertilizer in damp soil make a fairly good conductor that increases its resistance as the soil dries.

Where probes with voltage are dipped into the water you will get some electrolysis taking place which could give confusing results if the amount of current is critical to the circuit operation.
Also electrolytic action may "eat away" one or both of your probes after a length of time.
My Pants Watcher-2 project avoids these problems by using AC at its probes.
https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/science/018/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back