Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in minicomputer selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

technopepe

Hello everyone. This will be my first IoT project.
I want a motion detector to trigger sound on the Bluetooth speaker.
At first, I wanted to have a motion detector to send input over the Bluetooths or WIfi to a minicomputer that would play a sound on the connected remote speaker.
But looks like motion detectors come only in the form of modules, so I think minicomputer with a physically connected motion detector would be OK too.
So as I'm a total noob, can someone please suggest what minicomputer would be a good match for this project? (would be able to have a motion detector, connect and play on the remote speakers, have some storage for sound)

When someone says "minicomputer" I immediately think of the PDP11 series of computers.

However, I don't think that that is what you require here.
Maybe something from the Arduino series of micro controllers would be appropriate?

JimB

When someone says "minicomputer" I immediately think of the PDP11 series of computers.

However, I don't think that that is what you require here.
Maybe something from the Arduino series of micro controllers would be appropriate?

JimB

Perhaps an ESP32, as that includes both BlueTooth and WiFi, plus has a staggering performance.

I completely 100% agree on the completely misleading use of 'minicomputer' :D

Perhaps an ESP32, as that includes both BlueTooth and WiFi, plus has a staggering performance.

I completely 100% agree on the completely misleading use of 'minicomputer' :D

Hah, thank you a lot guys! Sorry, I don't know terminology yet :D
Ordering ESP32 now, looking forward to new discoveries :)

Do you have a link to the ESP32 you've ordered? Is it Arduino compatible?

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back