Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NEED help in connecting infared sensor to MCU(18f4520)

Status
Not open for further replies.

meijunfun

Hi. i have a project using 12 V dc W304 programmabloe IR proximity sensor.in which i have to connect this sensor to the MCU board(5V).Can anyone guide me along with the connection and is any other compoments required for the connection .Thanks:)

Do you have a datasheet? If the output of your sensor is 12V you will have to do some conditioning of the signal before feeding it a to a microcontroller. Point us to the datasheet and we can help further.

**broken link removed**

Hi.. thanks for the reply... anyway i have type wrongly is 9v from the sensor output instead of 12v. Thats e link of the sensor data sheet i have.

anyway the sensor need 9v to operate but i'm thinking of using potentiometer to control the voltage and current to 5v. is there any advise of using other things instead of potentiometer? thanks :)

Hhhmmm. Which part do you connected to the MCU. If you want to use it as is I think hook it to the relays it has already with a +5 on top side and the other to a pull down and your input pin on the other side of the really. On the other hand if you want the signal from the detector itself..Need to find that ones exact data sheet.

the "Using it's own relay" is super simple and looks to be what it was made for.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back