Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help identifying unknown micro-controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taheri

The chip I want to identify is a micro-controller with RSA cryptography acceleration utilized in a USB module. I suspect it is a chip manufactured by Chinese manufacturer and it might not be a general purpose product as well.
This is the schematic I extracted from the board:
shcematic.jpg

And this is the board photo:
20191022_094113.jpg

link
If this link works. It takes you down from 80,000 micros to 400.
32-pin, USB, (you can sort more)
You need to pull the data sheet on each and look for USB on pins 30,31.
This only works if it is available from DigiKey.com

it might not be a general purpose product as well.

You do realize that each microcontroller has tens of lines to thousands of lines of code that are written specifically for each end product uploaded, in effect making no microcontroller "general purpose".

You do realize that each microcontroller has tens of lines to thousands of lines of code that are written specifically for each end product uploaded, in effect making no microcontroller "general purpose".
I do.
By general-purpose product I did not mean the USB dongle. I was referring to the micro-controller there.

. I was referring to the micro-controller there

I was also referring to the microcontroller. If you are trying to duplicate a device you know of, the code that is uploaded to a microcontroller (by the device manufacturer) essentially makes each microcontroller a unique chip. That is the whole point of a microcontroller - they can be programmed to do whatever the device designer wants them to do.

What are you trying to do?, and why would identifying the chip be at all helpful?.
In general, I need a RSA encryption accelerated micro-controller with minimal driving elements needed, just like that one. But specifically I want to know what this chip is if possible.

I was also referring to the microcontroller. If you are trying to duplicate a device you know of, the code that is uploaded to a microcontroller (by the device manufacturer) essentially makes each microcontroller a unique chip. That is the whole point of a microcontroller - they can be programmed to do whatever the device designer wants them to do.
I never said I was going to duplicate that device. I'm just in love with that minimized PCB board!
I just could not find a <low cost, RSA-accelerated, USB-interfaced micro-controller which requires minimal driving elements with minimum package size< in my searches. but I had this sample product. I'm testing my luck to hit someone who knows the chip.

Again, if it was not clear, I don't mind the product. I want such micro-controller to design my own board.

Why can't you do it in software?

Mike.
RSA algorithm needs a huge amount of math calculations. My personal tests shows that a cortex-M4 core @ 50MHz takes 2 minutes average time to generate a 2048 bit key pair. It can be reduced to under 20 seconds using a micro-controller with hardware acceleration.
Also the price for a high performance micro-controller with no hardware acceleration could be 2-3 times higher than a low performance core with hardware acceleration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back