Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help identifying stepper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemniscate

Hello,
I'm looking for help on identifying a stepper motor out of my sprinkler controller. It's a four wire. small (1" diameter, 1/2" high) 12V motor. No manufacturer label is on it, but there are two numbers stamped on the top: "1169" and "1700". The gear is 10 tooth. The flange holes are 1 3/8" on center. I couldn't find a cross reference with any combination on google. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have supplied pictures to help with id.

Regards,
Lem

Attachments

• DSC_0067.jpg
    DSC_0067.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 288
  • DSC_0069.jpg
    DSC_0069.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
Hi Lem, welcome to the forum.
I think what you meant is you want to identify the pins of the stepper, isn't it? Usually a stepper motor has a common terminal which allows you to see the right sequence to control it. So to reverse the pinouts, you'll just have to apply a voltage on one pin for GND, and run through the other pins with Vcc. If it turns clockwise or counter-clockwise, you have your pins identified already. If it doesn't turn, make another pin as "common", repeat the steps, and so on until you get it.

Hello,
I am trying to find a replacement for this stepper. The company that made the sprinkler controller went out of business. This stepper controls rate of water flow and is defective. It had frozen up a few months back and I was able to coax it back to working, but unfortunately that did not last. I mistakenly thought it would be easy to find a replacement, but that is apparently not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back