Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help identifying part in 12v amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivailo

Hi All,

Trying to fix a Panasonic amplifier used to power a sound system in a car
By visually inspecting it i see a burnt out part with markings SG1A, been told its a diode and i did order some from Mouser
1A 50V Schottky diode. When i measure the burnt out part and the one next to it (which is supposedly ok)
I got nothing near to what diode should do, current passes through both sides.
Currently if i plug this into the car's connector it will blow a 30A fuse on the fusebox.

Can anyone point me to what the burnt part is?

Much appreciated :)

IMG_2904.jpg

IMG_2905.jpg

I would suggest those rectifiers are probably much higher than 1A, and if one has gone S/C has most probably blown the switchmode primary side as well (probably the devices under the heatsink).

Did you try measuring it In Circuit, or Out of circuit?
As a Diode, It may Not measure correctly in Circuit.

I'm with nige, if those diodes are part of a boost circuit then the switching devices are almost certainly toast, esp if your taking out 30a fuses.

Replaced Schottky diode with the one i bought from Mouser 1A 50V, it was a bit smaller than the layout of the original but soldiered it in place.
Plugged up the old gal to the data connector and voila, she purrs again like new.

Thanks everyone for your input

Replaced Schottky diode with the one i bought from Mouser 1A 50V, it was a bit smaller than the layout of the original but soldiered it in place.
Plugged up the old gal to the data connector and voila, she purrs again like new.

Thanks everyone for your input

You were lucky :D

Congrats.
Start your new job monday.

Ivailo, GLAD IT WORKED FOR YOU.

I always recommend removing diodes before testing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back