Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help- I want to build an MP3 Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

osu1177

Hello!
I joined this forum because i am interested in making an mp3 player. Ive searched extensively but i was wondering if any of you could help in any of the following ways:
1. Do you know any good sites with step by step instructions? I am pretty much a beginner....but i have a bit of experience from making an amp. (https://tangentsoft.net/audio/cmoy-tutorial/assy.html). I do not want a kit.

2. Id like to make one that sacrifices power output, memory capacity, and, if necessary, sound quality ALL FOR SIZE. This thing must be tiny.

Do you think this is possible? I think it is, but im gonna need alot of help. (also alot of time patience and money, but im willing).

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

RE:mp3 player designs

Take a look at:
**broken link removed**

There is a few different designs.

and
**broken link removed**

This is reports from a student project. some good info.

Also, look up a MAS3587, it is a MPEG decoder and DAC

I've also been playing with the idea too.

Good luck
Kent Kenison

go to www.avrfreaks.org and search in the user submitted projects section. You'll find at least 3 MP3 players, at least one of which has schematics, all have source code. It operates off of I believe an AVR microcontroller and reads from a FAT32 hard drive.

PJRC also has a kit, schematics, source, and diagrams for one that is fairly complete. It also reads from a FAT32 drive and uses regular drams for buffer memory. It is based on a C51 of some type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back