Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help GAL/PAL Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel

This is my first post, and I appreciate everyone's help with other posts....

I am in a bind right now, and I need some help. I am trying to program at G22V10 (https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2004/05/DOC0778PDF.pdf)

I have a DataI/O 3900 Programmer and Tasklink software for the actual burn, however, I need some help with writing the file.

I am not finding any resources online, and at my wit's end.

As from what I remember, you need to create a .Jedec file and then run it through a PAL to GAL converter, and then save it to the programmers RAM.

The question I have is Which Program should I use for Creating a JEDEC file, and what is the Syntax for writing a JEDEC?

Does anyone have an example of a file, or a tutorial?
Or is there a more beneficial way of programming GAL chips?

Thanks

Shaun

Thanks for the quick reply!

I am actually using WinCUPL right now.

I like how it sets up the pin assignments when you start a new project, but I am not sure what I am doing after that. I read the instructions on PDF, but still am not too clear. I guess I am just looking for a sample program of some and gates or something, so I know how it needs to be laid out. (some codes put truth tables in, and some put simulator information, and it's making my head spin.)

as far as I can tell, it only saves as .PLD files, and I wasn't sure if I could just put that into the programmer and it would understand it (I was under the impression it had to be a JEDEC or HEX file)

:S Im just worried and frustrated.

Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back