Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help For Voltage Drop & Ampire

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIght Eagle

Hello Forum,
I am Newbe in Electronics . I have a Transformer of 12V 6A (AC). I have Rectify it with Bridge Diode Connection & Used a Electrolytic Capacitor ( 3300µF 25V) . Now I am getting 12V 6A DC .

- Now I want to Drop the Voltage To 1.5 V & Drop the Ampire to 300 mA . What Should I need To use to do so ?

Please Help me . As I am Newbe in Electronics- It will be Best if you guys give me a Schematic Diagram .

-Thanks
-Night Eagle

What is an "Ampire"? Maybe you mean an "Ampere".

12VAC rectified with a bridge rectifier and a filter capacitor produces 15VDC or more, not just 12VDC.

There are many ways to reduce DC voltage. The current is usually limited by how much current the load needs.

Show Some Example

What is an "Ampire"? Maybe you mean an "Ampere".

12VAC rectified with a bridge rectifier and a filter capacitor produces 15VDC or more, not just 12VDC.

There are many ways to reduce DC voltage. The current is usually limited by how much current the load needs.

Can I Watch Some Example With Diagram .......

You still forgot to say how much current you need at 1.5V.
1mA? 100A?

To get 1.5V you could use a LM317 linear regulator. See schematic, and use a 470Ω for R1 and 100Ω for R2 to get 1.52V. If you want to get the voltage closer to 1.5V, use a potentiometer in place of one of the resistors and adjust it as needed.

Normally the circuit will only draw as much current as it needs if you give it the correct voltage. What are you powering with it? Some devices (e.g. LEDs) need current limiting resistors.

If all you need is 1.5V at 300mA, why use a 12V 6A transformer? A 6V 500mA transformer with the LM317 would be more than sufficient.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Thanks A Lot

To get 1.5V you could use a LM317 linear regulator. See schematic, and use a 470Ω for R1 and 100Ω for R2 to get 1.52V. If you want to get the voltage closer to 1.5V ................... than sufficient.

Thanks , Thanks a Lot For Your Valuable Help . But Boss I am Not Finding The Image . Boss ,Can You Kindly Post That Image in a RAR File again ?

- Again Thanks A Lot .
- Night Eagle

Thanks , Thanks a Lot For Your Valuable Help . But Boss I am Not Finding The Image . Boss ,Can You Kindly Post That Image in a RAR File again ?

- Again Thanks A Lot .
- Night Eagle

Boss , Finally I Got The Image . You do not need to Upload again .

- Thanks
- Night Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back