Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help for PIC16F876A ICD2 Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilMKD

I need the bootloader for the Lothar Stolz ICD2 clone, but i need it for PIC16F876A
its the A version not the ICD661.hex, I have seen in some other posts that there is another bootloader without the build in OS (the ICD661.hex has a build in OS).
I need it for MPLAB v.7.xx
I want to build an USB clone but in my country are hard to find some parts, I try to sample some of them but they can't send me in my country :(

I made the Stolz ICD2 a while back & used a USB-serial converter to connect to the PC - it was painfully slow. I can't remember, but it took something like 4-8 seconds for a single step & was not usable. Perhaps connecting to a real serial port will be more acceptable.

Also note that the comm ports aren't selected as you might expect in MPLAB (unless they've finally fixed it) - selecting the first item in the list open COM1, the second item opens COM2, etc. (so if your list is {COM1, COM2, COM7}, selecting com7 will attempt to open COM3 & consequently fail).

If you can afford a PICkit2, you will find it much much nicer to use.

i have a PK2 clone but i cant debug my projects with it, my MPLAB v7.60 it says that PK2 it's not supported as a debuger
with some PIC's so i thinked abouth the ICD2 clone :)

sorry for my bad English

Any reason you're using v7.6? I can debug using the PK2 in MPLAB no problems. Just check if your PIC is supported & then upgrade MPLAB to the latest version

Any reason you're using v7.6? I can debug using the PK2 in MPLAB no problems. Just check if your PIC is supported & then upgrade MPLAB to the latest version

And can I use the latest version of MPLAB with the PK2 Clone ?

Yes.

The pk2/pk3 icd2 etc firmware is shipped with MPLAB.

But if it would help a lot if you told us what PIC processor you are using.

Its a PIC18F26K22 it says that it's not supported by PK2 or ICD2 hahah
i will try with some new version of MPLAB

Well, if that's the case, then good luck with the ICD2; did you try the bootloader linked above?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back