Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help fm radio plz ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eliminator

Hi Guys, I just joined and I have no idea how to make this stuff, so if someone can show me were I can buy them or make them easy myself please do so.

I am in need of a tiny and I mean tiny FM radio. I have bought the novelty radio pens that come with earphones, and I have taken one apart but it's still too big.

I need a radio that is the size of a "AA" battery (or pref smaller the better)
Is it possible to make ?

It can be permanantly on, so dont worry about an on/off switch
I do need a tactile swich to find next station and something for volume but thats it. got to be very tiny as item I am fitting it into has a 3v power supply and just enough space for a "AA" size battery.

Can anyone help please ?

Thanks
Eliminator

Last edited:
It is difficult for 3v supply however TDA7088T works at 3v and is possible sometimes. Simple circuit
**broken link removed**

Hi Guys, I just joined and I have no idea how to make this stuff, so if someone can show me were I can buy them or make them easy myself please do so.

I am in need of a tiny and I mean tiny FM radio. I have bought the novelty radio pens that come with earphones, and I have taken one apart but it's still too big.

I need a radio that is the size of a "AA" battery (or pref smaller the better)
Is it possible to make ?

It can be permanantly on, so dont worry about an on/off switch
I do need a tactile swich to find next station and something for volume but thats it. got to be very tiny as item I am fitting it into has a 3v power supply and just enough space for a "AA" size battery.

Can anyone help please ?

Thanks
Eliminator
Welcome to Electro-tech-online
perhaps, you cam make anything on the face of earth.
But you need to work and gain experience in electronics theory and practicals, develop skill levels for soldering etc.
If you have enough exposure to above fields
, perhaps you need to make normal projects without bothering about the size. later you can think of making things smaller like your dream AA size FM radio
you need the factory like infrastructure for the expected level of miniaturization and perhaps everything costs a moon.
On the face of it, don't you feel that the feeling of "not knowing how to make stuff" and your dream level of miniaturization are at cross roads?
Can we say that a boy of 6 months can eat 1KG of food stuff and be able to digest? please try to be practicable

Most probably you get such small ones for sale at reasonable price.
why to make it?
If you are really interested to learn, have a sincere and modest start.
All the best.

The TDA7088 IC is used in the FM "radios" sold at the Dollar store. They cost only $1.00 for the radio, its battery, earphones and a flashlight built into it. Their performance as an FM radio is horrible.

Cell phones have a tiny FM radio inside. But I never heard one and do not know how good or poor is its performance.

Cell phones have a tiny FM radio inside. But I never heard one and do not know how good or poor is its performance.
They works very nice, small and supply voltage is less than 3v! Even tiny mp3 players use them. My Transcend player has an incredible fm stereo reception that beats other portable types I ever heard. Here's a 48 pin-alignment of BH1403AGU.

Attachments

• fms.PNG
    fms.PNG
    10.4 KB · Views: 144
The BH140x line of FM stereo transmitter ICs are very nice.
But I didn't know that Rohm also makes this nice FM stereo receiver IC. Its datasheet is missing a recommended circuit for it.

Here is the datasheet of a very nice AM/FM stereo radio IC for car radios. It has 80 pins! My car radio probably uses it.

Attachments

• tda7513t.pdf
    520.4 KB · Views: 180
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back