Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help finding appropriate buck regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

stedfan

I've been searching around on google looking for a buck regulator that would output 5v, hoping that it would not require external components.

Does this exist ? if not, please feel free to name some "mainstream" buck converters that can drive up to 1,5amps.

Regards,
Stephan.

Starting from what voltage?

Well, i want to run a linksys NSLU2 off battery power the NSLU2 requires 5v, the battery is an 10xAA box with voltage from 10 - 14,5v

The NSLU2 consumes 400 - 750mAh

I started out with an LM7805, it generated a lot of heat - this in turn made me google it, and i quickly found that in my current setup only 40% of the energy get's used, the rest converts to heat Definitely not acceptable on battery power :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back