Need help controlling 110vDC motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually that is a standard professional grade teadmill motor. They are rated for 500lb joggers.

So...how much did you pay for the lithiums? must have been quite a bundle to supply 3KW for a reasonable amount of time.

at any rate you are oversimplifying. you need a good gate diver, phenominal switch (60A@200V), 60A high speed rectifier, and sufficiant thermals to keep the junctions below 100C when they are both dissipating over 50W each.

Dan

Update to DC motor speed controler.

It turns out that DART Contorls has a real nice controler 125D with options C and V (high voltage and variable Hz, C and V respectively). I stumbled onto the original post of a schematic on the first page of replies to this original post (125Dmanual.pdf) I googled it and found the mfg. (DART), they have a great site, AND there are many of their controlers for sale on ebay.

NOTE: I am NOT affilated with DART or ebay, just a guy looking for a good DC controler, and was impressed with DART's website.

Ebay's site on these:

dart controls items - Get great deals on eBay Motors, Business Industrial items on eBay.com!

As well Dart's corporate website.

125D 1/50-1HP DC Drive | Dart Controls

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…